Skip to main content

2020 in a nutshell



Hi peeps,

This time around, I'm writing about the year 2020. What has it been throughout this whole time. 

First of all, let's talk about This whole Movement Control Order (MCO) thingy. I know it is kinda really a long overdue post about MCO. The excitement has gotten lower today as this thing has taken its toll on most people all around the world. 


January

Everything seemed normal until the news about a novel corona virus (Covid-19) outbreak spread all around the world. What made it worst was how fast did the virus spread to other people from other countries. Malaysia, at this moment, was still living in a normal happy life. 


February

When the first positive case reported in Malaysia, the Malaysians were not panic at this time, including me. But I admit, I was a bit weary about the situation on how it gotten us, eventually. 

Then, I remember hand sanitizers started to be sold out in most places, face masks were out of stocks, limited productions and many more. Luckily I'm always used with hand sanitizer, so I have my own stock. 


March

This is the month where our Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin announced the implementation of the Movement Control Order (MCO) throughout Malaysia due to the number of positive case reported which had increased.

It started on 17th March 2020. The moment where my College also proposed to all staffs to start working from home. I brought home my office PC, paperworks and some work stuff to be done at home. 

Little did I know that this MCO would be extended and extended, and my College management kept on changing decisions based on current situation which I solely understood. 


Long story short, it's already October guys. And I am still working from home. I think I made the right decision to go back home (I mean, I drove alone from KK to Sdk) during Ramadhan just fee days before Raya. 

Just imagine working from home since March, I know, I am at the point where I am also speechless. This Covid-19 really has taken its toll on me. It's not that I'm bored being here with family, but the quality of working from home vs office is totally different. 

Sometimes, I'm afraid I'm not giving enough explanation to my students which leads me to overthinking like, is this halal? 

I really hope everything will be fine someday. When everything gets back to normal and I can do my work efficiently. 

On a side note, I'm really thankful that I get to spend the longest time with family since I moved to KK in 2014. Something I might not be able to get at any other different time. 


I remember once when I had chit chat with my officemates and we once talked about "if only we can do our work at home, mobile classes, virtual classes, etc," at our office pantry, these trivials are now realized by Him. I mean, who would expect this thing really could happen, right? 


All I wanna say is that there must be a reason why this thing happened. The whole world is hugely affected by Covid-19. Some people have lost jobs, some businesses have closed down, some people died and there's so much more to say. I believe, there's a reason beyond all these. May our heart and deeds are closer to God, the Almighty. Aamin.


After all, I kinda miss the whole normal life things. Do you? 


Missing those times when we can travel anywhere we want... We all so used to take things for granted. See what happens when He takes everything from us.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Truth hurts

The truth never lies, though it always hurts.  I knew the fact that should have gotten rid of it since last year, but I don't know for some reasons, this year I can't handle it. It is something about my feeling that I rarely felt. This time around, I might have fallen for the wrong person. I didn’t want this to happen, but I couldn’t help it. Till next post, bye!

Kemarin

Saat ini, saat aku menulis cerita pada kali ini, ialah saat aku sebak dan sedih tatkala semuanya berlalu di fikiranku. Terlalu banyak perkara yang tersimpan dalam lubuk hati, dalam benak fikiran, dalam sudut setiap inci kehidupanku ketika ini. Tidak dapat diluahkan semuanya dengan lisan. Hanya gambaran yang dapat mengurangkan rasa sesak ini.  Apa entah yang mengganggu aku yang membuatkan aku leka dengan dunia, sikapku yang baran, hati keras, percakapan yang kasar dan sebagainya.  Jauh di sudut hati, semua perkara yang aku lakukan akanku sesalkan kemudian. Aku tahu salah, tapi aku tetap buat.  Orang sekeliling takkan faham apa isi hati kita, apa yang tersirat dalam senyuman dan kegembiraan kita. Tuhan saja yang Maha Mengetahui. Saat ini banyak perkara yang aku sesalkan. Banyak.  Aku rasa aku tertekan dengan semua perkara yang mengganggu fikiranku dan mempengaruhi tindak tandukku. Tentu saja kalau masa itu boleh diputar kembali, satu-satunya perkara yang aku ingin sekali buat ialah memad

Salah Faham

 Apa yang aku niat, apa yang aku maksudkan, apa yang aku ingin sampaikan menjadi lain bila disalah fahamkan. Orang tak faham aku. Kenapa tiada rasa hormat? Kenapa terus melenting? Kenapa perlu menjadi sangat sangat biadap? Kenapa? Entahlah. Sedih bila kita rasa macam ni. Rasa macam tidak dipedulikan langsung. Tahun baru 2021 dah kot. Macam tak padan2 dengan perangai dan cara layanan bila fikir umur dah meningkat. Teruk. Teruk betul. Terima kasihlah buat rasa macam ni.