Skip to main content

Jakarta - Bandung Trip 2019 (Part 1)




As mentioned in my previous post, I had my birthday treat by visiting a country, Indonesia. I had this trip done with my ex-housemates back at Grace Court some years ago when I first moved to Kota Kinabalu. Thank you Ana and Farah for having me on this trip.

I will start by posting about Jakarta in this post and Bandung in the next post. So here's how we started our journey.

11th February 2019 (Monday)
My flight to KL from KK was supposedly timed at 8.20 pm. However it was delayed for almost 1 hour and 30 minutes. My flight departed from KK around 10.00 pm and I only arrived at KLIA 2 at around 1.00 am. Ana and Farah had already waited for me at the airport. We planned to just stay overnight at the airport while waiting for our next flight to Jakarta in the morning.

This was our very first meeting together after so many years. The last time I met Ana and Farah was in 2017. But it was just when both of them came to KK for a short trip and both came in a different time. Basically, the last time when we all met was when we were still staying at Grace Court in 2015. So, there was no THREE until this year. Of course we had a lot of things to catch up when we laid over at the airport.

To be honest, I've missed them a lot. You know, I had been staying with so many kinds of people, but they were the ultimate. I mean, we were all "clique" together when we first met. Even though both of them are not Sabahans. They know almost everything about me when we stayed in the same house before. They could stand my craziness, understand myself being someone with bold-headed, I mean with a lot of things. I like them. I love them really. Tehehehe...

12th February 2019 (Tuesday)
Our flight to Jakarta was at 8.20 am. We flew through Air Asia X by the way. We arrived in Jakarta Airport (Sukarno-Hatta International Airport) at around 11.00 am (local time). At first, I never thought that I could go visit a country by my own effort. Never in so many years I thought I could do that. Man, I was so happy the moment we arrived that I was not able to express it. I cannot thank you enough for what I have. Thank you so much ya Rabb.

So here's a bit on the itinerary. Our trip in Jakarta was only for 1 day 1 night. So we had a very rush trip there before we proceeded our trip to Bandung in the next day. Our first thing to do as we arrived at our our homestay was to look for a place for lunch. Naah, we hadn't had a proper lunch anyway. Jakarta was so "macet" guys! It was always jammed here and there. Our only option was to use the public transportation anyway. So yeah, we went through a lot like stuck in the traffic jam so many times. Haha! The experience I (we) got in Jakarta makes me not wanna go to Jakarta anymore. Maybe I would someday, but in a proper or nice visit, not as a backpacker anymore.

Though with all the hustles, we managed to visit some hot spots in Jakarta like the Monas Tower, Masjid Istiqlal, Tanah Abang (the craziest mall I've been to), Wisata Kota Tua and Jakarta Cathedral. The next day in the morning, we went to Bandung via train from Gambir Station. Bandung story will be shared in the next post. Please read through! :)

Here are some photos taken during our trip in Jakarta.

 Our experience using transportation like "baejak"

Tanah Abang 

Wisata Kota Tua 



Masjid Istiqlal at night 

MONAS Tower at night 

Train tickets to Bandung from Gambir Station 

One for the memory











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Truth hurts

The truth never lies, though it always hurts.  I knew the fact that should have gotten rid of it since last year, but I don't know for some reasons, this year I can't handle it. It is something about my feeling that I rarely felt. This time around, I might have fallen for the wrong person. I didn’t want this to happen, but I couldn’t help it. Till next post, bye!

Kemarin

Saat ini, saat aku menulis cerita pada kali ini, ialah saat aku sebak dan sedih tatkala semuanya berlalu di fikiranku. Terlalu banyak perkara yang tersimpan dalam lubuk hati, dalam benak fikiran, dalam sudut setiap inci kehidupanku ketika ini. Tidak dapat diluahkan semuanya dengan lisan. Hanya gambaran yang dapat mengurangkan rasa sesak ini.  Apa entah yang mengganggu aku yang membuatkan aku leka dengan dunia, sikapku yang baran, hati keras, percakapan yang kasar dan sebagainya.  Jauh di sudut hati, semua perkara yang aku lakukan akanku sesalkan kemudian. Aku tahu salah, tapi aku tetap buat.  Orang sekeliling takkan faham apa isi hati kita, apa yang tersirat dalam senyuman dan kegembiraan kita. Tuhan saja yang Maha Mengetahui. Saat ini banyak perkara yang aku sesalkan. Banyak.  Aku rasa aku tertekan dengan semua perkara yang mengganggu fikiranku dan mempengaruhi tindak tandukku. Tentu saja kalau masa itu boleh diputar kembali, satu-satunya perkara yang aku ingin sekali buat ialah memad

Salah Faham

 Apa yang aku niat, apa yang aku maksudkan, apa yang aku ingin sampaikan menjadi lain bila disalah fahamkan. Orang tak faham aku. Kenapa tiada rasa hormat? Kenapa terus melenting? Kenapa perlu menjadi sangat sangat biadap? Kenapa? Entahlah. Sedih bila kita rasa macam ni. Rasa macam tidak dipedulikan langsung. Tahun baru 2021 dah kot. Macam tak padan2 dengan perangai dan cara layanan bila fikir umur dah meningkat. Teruk. Teruk betul. Terima kasihlah buat rasa macam ni.