Skip to main content

Happy New Year and still single

Here I am, again. After such a long idle. Well, basically I have been very busy with my own stuff and things. Even during my ample time, I prefer to be getting lazy and wallowed.

Here's the thing. The thing I wanna talk about which is my life, "being single".

My life here in Kota Kinabalu is very simple. I live away from my family, initially my hometown, Sandakan. I do have friends here and most of them are married. Those who are still single do not really spend time mingle being single with me. They also have plans with their usual co-partner.

Me? Always alone on weekends. Doing my own stuff and getting things like housechores done as planned. Sometimes not done at all. Well, sometimes my bro would call me to hangout with my nephew and s-i-l but it's not like every week. My other friends do not really always ask me out either. On certain occassions, yes they would. But I'm talking about the regular weekends.

All I do is this and that. Watching Netflix like there's no other days. Currently I'm catching up my favourite series back when I was in form 1, initally 13. I remember watching it on TV3 every Sunday night. Well I was pretty lucky that time because I was on evening session for school. A lot of other series that I like to catch back like Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Clarissa, which both acted by Melissa Joan Hart; Dawson's Creek, Lizzie McGuire,  Popular and Roswell. I think I have a long list to list down, but these are the main ones.

Sometimes I think about until when will I stay like this? A lot of my friends have settled down and have kids of their own. Some have more than 3 kids now. Ha ha! I am fine with this. It's just a matter of fact that I also want to build my own family someday. I just don't know when will that be.

I go back to my hometown once in a month due to money saving and ticket prices are not that cheap though. So I got like at least 3 weekends that I need to always think of surviving the whole "being single" idea. I can't make plans, because sometimes it doesn't work. Unless there's impromptu plans by friends, I always say "yes" to them. Such a pathetic sound but it's the truth. I hardly decline any offers.

Luckily the workplace thing is a good thing. At least I have a very nice working environment and a bunch of good people to work along with. My colleagues are the best I could ever ask for. The fact that I am seeing them everyday makes me feel no pressure to work in KK. I know at times, I miss being with my whole family, but I gotta work my ass off to get money and settle my monthly commitments as well as to have my own things I wanna have.

I certainly love being where I am and what I'm doing. It's just being single is always said as sad by some people. Do they even know what these single people are doing and what they are going through? Especially when you're away from family. It's not easy but I gotta cope up with it.

Maybe I should just revamp my whole tuition opening plan like 4 years ago. Trust me, I got traumatized from that whole catastrophic plan I had been. I know I must make a move and restart. But all I know for now is I'm gonna stay where I am now. Maybe I will reopen when I get married? A lot easier I guess.

One more thing. It's good to be single. Apart from thinking about work, I know I need to unwind sometime. And now I feel the need to especially for my next birthday. I have worked a lot these years, I think it's better to make some kind of personal reward or treat. 2019, please be nice!

Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Truth hurts

The truth never lies, though it always hurts.  I knew the fact that should have gotten rid of it since last year, but I don't know for some reasons, this year I can't handle it. It is something about my feeling that I rarely felt. This time around, I might have fallen for the wrong person. I didn’t want this to happen, but I couldn’t help it. Till next post, bye!

Kemarin

Saat ini, saat aku menulis cerita pada kali ini, ialah saat aku sebak dan sedih tatkala semuanya berlalu di fikiranku. Terlalu banyak perkara yang tersimpan dalam lubuk hati, dalam benak fikiran, dalam sudut setiap inci kehidupanku ketika ini. Tidak dapat diluahkan semuanya dengan lisan. Hanya gambaran yang dapat mengurangkan rasa sesak ini.  Apa entah yang mengganggu aku yang membuatkan aku leka dengan dunia, sikapku yang baran, hati keras, percakapan yang kasar dan sebagainya.  Jauh di sudut hati, semua perkara yang aku lakukan akanku sesalkan kemudian. Aku tahu salah, tapi aku tetap buat.  Orang sekeliling takkan faham apa isi hati kita, apa yang tersirat dalam senyuman dan kegembiraan kita. Tuhan saja yang Maha Mengetahui. Saat ini banyak perkara yang aku sesalkan. Banyak.  Aku rasa aku tertekan dengan semua perkara yang mengganggu fikiranku dan mempengaruhi tindak tandukku. Tentu saja kalau masa itu boleh diputar kembali, satu-satunya perkara yang aku ingin sekali buat ialah memad

Salah Faham

 Apa yang aku niat, apa yang aku maksudkan, apa yang aku ingin sampaikan menjadi lain bila disalah fahamkan. Orang tak faham aku. Kenapa tiada rasa hormat? Kenapa terus melenting? Kenapa perlu menjadi sangat sangat biadap? Kenapa? Entahlah. Sedih bila kita rasa macam ni. Rasa macam tidak dipedulikan langsung. Tahun baru 2021 dah kot. Macam tak padan2 dengan perangai dan cara layanan bila fikir umur dah meningkat. Teruk. Teruk betul. Terima kasihlah buat rasa macam ni.